Description:Assure that Quality Control procedures are properly followed. Conduct sampling and testing on both in-process and finished product. Prepare shipping documents.
- Confirm that plant audit procedures are properly carried out and work procedures are maintained. Conduct tests and gather samples as required.
- Lead pre-operational cleaning and identify/communicate equipment which is not clean to the production team. Must have detailed knowledge of the equipment and static points which are difficult to clean.
- Identify and communicate major quality problems in production facilities and warehouses.
- Must have the ability to taste and smell the product to ensure quality guidelines.
- Educate and instruct plant personnel in recommended quality control testing, equipment sanitation and general sanitation and housekeeping practices. Confirm these procedures are being maintained.
- Consult with plant management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall product quality.
- Follow all food safety, legal, quality, process control policies and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education & Experience (Minimum Required):Associate degree in general sciences preferred; one year experience in a Quality Control position in a modern food production facility may substitute.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired): Must communicate well, verbally and in writing, in English to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. Able to make mathematical calculations involving fractions and decimal conversions. Able to make independent judgments based on written standards and customer requirements. Intermediate Microsoft Office suite skills. Familiar with basic laboratory procedures.
- Physical Demands (Typical):Climb ladders, work on various plant levels, and stand on concrete floors for extended periods. Able to work extended shifts as needed. Required to enter data in computer and to read small print. Able to occasionally lift 50 pounds. Required to wear PPE.
- Work Environment (Typical):Inside and outside plant environment; some inside office work. Exposed to moving lift equipment, extreme temperatures and moving machinery.