Description:Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production and plant facility mechanical equipment to maximize plant up-time in order to meet production and financial goals. Provide assistance in electrical maintenance activities.
- Plan, layout, install and repair a wide variety of complex equipment including automated machinery.
- Perform tasks generally associated with mechanical troubleshooting and repair of plant and facility equipment. May include driving powered equipment. Requires a thorough knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe-fitting, fabrication, welding, fabrication and rigging.
- Perform basic electrical tasks, maintain instrumentation, and troubleshoot PLC’s on plant equipment. Understand basic PLC programming/ladder logic.
- Performs prescribed preventive maintenance on equipment per the P.M. charts. Assist with electrical/electronic repairs and projects as needed.
- Follows all policies and procedures; safety standards and GMP’s.
- Maintain required company records and forms. Report any defective equipment or questionable conditions to the Plant Manager.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements:Education & Experience (Minimum Required):
- 3 to 5 years successful experience in a modern industrial facility.
- Associate degree preferred; state-recognized apprenticeship/license or a combination of education and work experience may be substituted. Must have strong skill set in one craft trade; working familiarity with other craft trades.
- Must have two years of experience maintaining and troubleshooting automated production equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Previous experience in food or chemical industry preferred.
- Detailed oriented and self-directed.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member; includes accepting supervision and assistance from other team members. Exercise considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available.
- Able to use advance trades mathematics together with complicated drawings, schematics, specifications involving thorough technical skill knowledge and application of basic theory.
- Standing for extended periods
- Stooping, twisting, bending and kneeling occasionally. Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. routinely.
- Close visual work on PC and controls, determine detail, able to distinguish colors
- Able to wear required PPE.
- Work extended shifts and weekends as needed.
- Climb to various levels in the facility using ladders.
- Plant production areas; including inside and outside the plant; not air conditioned. Uneven walking surfaces. Plant office areas.