Description:This position will be responsible driving company truck to pickup/deliver rice and other supplies. Individual will also assist with production in terms of in-plant staging of rice and other supplies.
- Drive to Stuttgart, AR and other locations to pickup rice from Suppliers. Deliver rice to plants.
- Unload rice into appropriate silos in accordance with established written procedures.
- Move trailers on company premises.
- Deliver finished product to customers as needed.
- Maintain regular maintenance of truck(s) as needed.
- Maintain all required DOT and company records/reports.
- Generate and complete all necessary paperwork for inbound raw rice.
- Assist production by staging in-house supplies, dumping rice containers/totes and stacking finished product.
- Visually inspect raw rice while unloading truck to help identify foreign object and other potential quality issues.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment and following all food safety, legal, quality, process control policies, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping of unloading area as needed.
- Ensuring unloading area is accessible and safe for other employees.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance/production duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 years OTR experience. Experience with tankers is preferred.
- Ability to drive a variety of forklift equipment (e.g., Stand-up forklifts).
- Ability to read and comprehend production schedules.
- Coordinate delivery/loading requirements of rice and other supplies with assistance from supervisor.
- Current CDL with ability to pass DOT physical exams and drug screen.
- Must obtain Bronze Career Readiness Certificate within 60 days of hiring.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. without assistance. Must be able to work at heights up to 40 feet and climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Individual must be able to use a computer keyboard, read a computer screen and other small print. Able to handle physical stress of driving a tractor for long hours.