Description:This position will be responsible driving company truck to pickup/deliver rice and other supplies. Individual will also assist with production in terms of in-plant staging of rice and other supplies.
- Unload rice into appropriate silos in accordance with established written procedures.
- Move trailers on company premises.
- Deliver finished product to customers as needed.
- Maintain regular maintenance of truck(s) as needed.
- Maintain all required DOT and company records/reports.
- Generate and complete all necessary paperwork for inbound raw rice.
- Assist production by staging in-house supplies, dumping rice containers/totes and stacking finished product.
- Visually inspect raw rice while unloading truck to help identify foreign object and other potential quality issues.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment and following all food safety, legal, quality, process control policies, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping of unloading area as needed.
- Ensuring unloading area is accessible and safe for other employees.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance/production duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 years Over the road experience. Experience with tankers is preferred.
- Ability to drive a variety of forklift equipment (e.g., Stand-up forklifts).