Description:Sage V Foods is seeking a Human Resources Manager with manufacturing experience to work in our Little Rock, AR facility. The company employs over 300 people with the majority of them located in Little Rock. This person must relate well to all levels of people, communicate clearly and be proactive rather than reactive. Candidate must have good time management skills and be able to multi-task. Position is very hands-on.
- Develops and implements company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance to state and federal requirements.
- Manages employee relations issues and recommends appropriate responses to management.
- Manages payroll process including time keeping for about 300 employees.
- Develops and manages training programs to include safety, leadership, coaching, career development, performance appraisal process, compensation systems and diversity; assists with execution of benefit programs.
- Manages recruiting and retention strategies and succession planning process.
- Promotes positive employee relations through communication and interpretation of the employee handbook and company policies.
- Manages exit interview process and communication of findings to management.
- Analyzes data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations on a variety of Human Resources’ key performance indicators and issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Manages employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, interpretation of policies, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs.
- Negotiates contracts with outside vendors to provide employee services.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops human resources staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to company policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Manages the company safety and health programs. Records and monitors the company’s OSHA-required data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires occassional travel to 2nd plant in AR.
Job Requirements:Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent plus two to four years related experience in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SHRM-CP a plus.
- Working knowledge of employment law and government regulations.
- Hands-on experience with automated HRIS/payroll systems.
- Experience in recruiting and staffing.
- Experience with employee benefit programs.
- Strong organizational problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Detail-oriented and self-directed.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior.
- Excellent technological and analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and organize plant and company-wide meetings.
- Initiative to get things developed and implemented.
- Standing for extended periods.
- Sitting for extended periods.
- Stooping, bending and kneeling occasionally.
- Close visual work on PC, determine detail, able to distinguish colors.
- Able to wear required PPE.
- Work extended shifts and weekends as needed.
- Climb to various levels in the facility using ladders.
- Plant production areas; including inside and outside the plant; not air conditioned. Uneven walking surfaces.
- Exposed to dust, rotating equipment, hot surfaces, sub-freezing and cold storage areas, noise, wet floors, loose material on floors and moving lift equipment.
- Plant office areas.