Description:Sage V Foods is seeking an experienced supervisor for our packaging department in Stuttgart, AR. We are looking for someone with at least 2 years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility. The plant runs 24/7 so we need a dependable, flexble person to join our team. If you are interested, please fill out an application on-line and upload a resume as well.
- Supervises production line set-up including but not limited to testing and adjusting line equipment prior to operation and ensuring production packaging starts on schedule and meets quality standards.
- Supervises all production activities performed by employees; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift.
- Establishes and maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
- Monitors and reports daily production results, material usage, waste, and downtime.
- Reports equipment problems to appropriate department and production manager.
- Coordinates with quality control to maintain quality standards; takes appropriate corrective measures to resolve deficiencies.
- Forecasts staffing needs to meet peak demands of the business and staff team accordingly; trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines employees being supervised; resolves personnel issues,
- Coordinates with the plant manager to manage personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, hiring, and training.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
- Assists plant manager with development and implementation of policies and procedures; ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by employees.
- Inspects for proper sanitation of equipment and facilities; takes corrective action to resolve deficiencies.
- Resolves production-related issues with representatives from other department throughout the company.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
- Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Two to four years supervisory experience in a modern food manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of production practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic competence in subordinates' duties and tasks.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Standing for extended periods
- Stooping, twisting, bending and kneeling occasionally. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. routinely.
- Close visual work on PC, determine detail, able to distinguish colors
- Able to wear required PPE
- Must be willing to work nights and weekend nights when required
- Climb to various levels in the facility using ladders
- Plant production areas; including inside and outside the plant; not air conditioned. Uneven walking surfaces.
- Exposed to dust, fumes, chemicals, rotating equipment, hot and cold surfaces, sub-freezing and cold storage areas, noise, wet floors and moving lift equipment.
- Plant office; air conditioned and heated